Monday, May 3, 2010

Crafty Projects

When most people find out that I am having another girl they give me the "oh, that's ok. are you happy?" Believe me when I say that I am 100% ok with having ANOTHER girl! I love all the pink and dresses and bows and everything girly that comes along with having another girl! With Lillias I really didn't go overboard with clothes and accessories, but this time around I have to admit that I might have gone a tiny bit crazy....
I have been working on some projects to finish the nursery and one of them was to frilly-up the barebones white lamp I bought to go on the side table. The nursery colors are pink and brown so I used a sheer pink fabric and pink toile along with some brown flowers cut from brown felt. With the left over supplies I made a headband modeled by Lillias that will be for Adelaide, since my sweet 2.5 year old refuses to wear anything in her hair for longer than a minute. {No joke, really a minute, this photo-shoot lasted ONE minute!}
Making my mom proud for all those times she showed me to sew, I actually threaded a needle, sewed on the pearls and then sewed the flower to the headband! Yay!
I really like the finished product, kinda shabby chic.












7 comments:

  1. you are so creative amy! i wish we lived closer...i miss our playdates :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, way cute!! really good job!

    by the way, I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left. single digits baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous! The entire Adams family is so talented in so many ways :)...Great job! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's cute! I love jazzing up things with pure creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very cute! I can't wait to see what it will look like!

    I have a nursery design site www.chiccheapnursery.com and I would be interested in featuring the finished nursery. I'm sure it will be fabulous!

    Please email me at contact@chiccheapnursery.com if you're interested.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on another girl! They are sooo fun- living dolls to play with and dress up! I'm excited for you. I love the name Adalaide too (prob spelled it wrong though-sorry!)
    You are so crafty now, I love it!
    MiSs YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both projects came out super cute!

    ReplyDelete