Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Big Girl Accomplishments

Lillias is getting to be such a big girl, can't believe that she will be 3 in August! She is awesomely WILD, full of spunk and energy. Constantly talking and moving! While talking with my mom the other day, I admitted that I do not give her enough credit for her sweet little spirt and the GOOD girl she actually is. All the mommy's out there will appreciate that last January at 29 months she potty trained herself. No kidding, my mom had her that day and asked if she wanted to put her pee pee in the potty and low and behold, she did. She continued to do so all day and even pooped in the potty for daddy that night! From that point on diapers were not necessary, no fuss! I'm not sure how I got out of potty training, but I'm sure glad I did!

SO, since baby #2 is due in about a month we thought she needed to move into her "big girl" room and into a twin bed, from her crib. I really had fun decorating this room for her, and although I still need to add a few final details here it is.....





Saturday night was the big night!
Fresh from the bath, she looked almost a nervous as I felt! I thought for sure it would be a LONG night, but it was so much better than expected! She did come downstairs about a 1/2 hour after we put her to bed and then once again at about 2:30 a.m. I heard her calling my name at the top of the steps {1st floor master} Both times she went right back into her bed. Sunday and last night she stayed in bed all night! Best part is that she had been waking up between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m. every morning, but since then has slept until at least 7:30!!!




Next hurdle, the binky! Stay tuned for that one....

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you and potty training Lillias...I am glad it's going well for you...Mika is doing awesome as well. I am so proud of her! Now, we need to ween her off the paci :)...but I think she will do that on her own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lillias's room, you did an amazing job! Good luck with the paci!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That room is so beautiful! And congrats to shawn by the way!

    ReplyDelete