Friday, May 22, 2009

Mother's Day Dinner

This year I decided that I needed to put all the time spent looking at amazing event spreads to use and create one of my own. Not that mine even compares to some like this and this

I used the same napkin as in the holder (made from a stampin up stamp) as a place mat. It actually worked out a lot better than expected! The MENU: Fruit kabobs, Pasta Salad, Hamburgers, Corn on the Cobb, Potato Salad, Pink lemonade AND......


For Desert a yummy frozen treat was even tastier than I could have hoped for. The recipe is one from the Kraft Food Magazine.
Strawberry Whipped Sensation
Prep: 20 min
-4 cups fresh strawberries
-1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
-1/4 cup lemon juice
-1, 8oz tub of whipped cream
-8 Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies
-1 Tbsp. butter melted
STEP 1: Shape foil over 8 x 4" loaf pan. Line inside of pan with foil with ends extending over sides of pan.
STEP 2: Mash 2 cups of strawberries in large bowl. Stir in condensed milk and juice.
STEP 3: Stir 2 cups of the whipped topping into strawberry mixture. Pour into prepared pan.
STEP 4: Finely chop oreos. Combine cookies and butter. Spoon over whipped topping mixture in pan. 
Step 5: Cover cookie mixture with ends of foil and gently press cookie mixture into whipped topping mixture. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
Step 6: Invert desert onto serving plate when ready to serve; remove pan and foil. Spread remaining whipped topping onto top and sides of desert.
Step 7: Slice remaining 2 cups strawberries; arrange on desert. Store leftovers in freezer.
Makes 12 Servings
Find more yummy and EASY recipes at kraftfoods.com

I had both my amazing mom and mom in law over, so I wanted to find a gift that I could give them both and that they would both be able to enjoy. Anything from Williams Sonoma is a pretty much a safe bet. 


2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    Looks super cute!! You are becoming a full-time addict like me! haha! How sweet of you to make a special dinner for your mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute party! aren't you NOT supposed to work on Mother's Day? Either way, it looks awesome!!

    Okay and your blog template it adorable -- did you make it? I totally need help. Mine's so lame I don't even want to think about it :(

    We had fun today with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete